Friday, March 16, 2012

Cub Scout Neckerchiefs

How do you keep the neckerchief slide from sliding off the neckerchief? This problem has been puzzling me for years, and then one day, not too long ago, I read a website that offered an answer. I've been trying it out on my little tiger cub and it works great. I wish I could give proper credit to the person who shared this idea with me, but I think its on a forum somewhere. Anyway, this solution is so simple, I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I never thought of it, and I've been struggling with this for so long. Here it is:

Loop the ends of the neckerchief through the slide again.

It's really that simple. Don't squeeze the neckerchief slide tight. Don't tie a knot anywhere. Don't raid your sisters collection of hair ties. Just slide the neckerchief slide up the neckerchief, then take the ends and loop them up around behind and down through the neckerchief slide again. It's a little tough to poke them down in there a second time, but with some practice, you'll get the hang of it, and that slide will NOT fall off.

1 comment: